Guide: Using the SYL Link GeneratorLast Updated: June 08, 2018
When you are looking to get started with ShopYourLikes, the simplest tool is the ShopYourLikes Link Generator.
It is a quick way to convert a direct retailer URL like https://walmart.com into a ShopYourLikes Link.
All you have to do is pick the URL that you want to share with your followers from one of our active merchants list, convert it to a ShopYourLikes link, then add it to whatever social channel or blog post you want.
When you convert the link you will also be able to see an estimation of how much you will be earning per click.
How To Find the Link Generator on Mobile
You can find the Link Generator in the Tools section of ShopYourLikes.
Instagram Stories + ShopYourLikes
Instagram Stories are a great place to put a ShopYourLikes Link that you get back from the Link Generator.
If you have access to that feature within Instagram, make sure that when you mention a product, you also connect your ShopYourLikes link that you get from the Link Generator.
How To Add a Link to Your Instagram Story
It's easy to add a ShopYourLikes link to your Instagram Story.
Just follow the steps below:
- Tap the camera icon and start your story. The camera icon is in the upper left section of your main Instagram feed. From there you can take photo, video, or Boomerang. Make sure to make some content that really highlights the product!
- Click on the chain link icon. This will only be visible if you have access to this feature which requires a verified account or a business profile with more than 10,000 followers.
- Paste in your ShopYourLikes Link. Make sure the link you paste in starts with "http://go.shopyourlikes.com"
- Tap done or the green checkmark
- Now you can edit your story and really make it unique. Get creative and make sure to callout that your followers can shop the product by swiping up.
- Once you are done, add the post to your story and you are all set!
If you want to drive clicks to your ShopYourLikes link, it's important to talk to your followers about it. Make sure you add a call to action in your Story by telling your followers to "Swipe up!"